Corporate Social Responsibility
It is critical for us as a business to ensure that we are behaving in a socially responsible manner. B & V is a company built on integrity, with high ethical and moral standards and our customers, suppliers and local community all feel the effect of our business operations. As a result we are committed to ensure that any impact we may have on them will be positive.
We will always be ethical when dealing with customers, ensuring we are open and honest about the products and services being received. We maintain strict quality assurance procedures for all products and services to ensure that our customers receive the highest quality products. If something does go wrong with any aspect of our service we endeavour to rectify the situation as quickly as possible.
We implement a supplier approval scheme which ensures that our supply chain is ethical and responsible. A supplier’s ability to qualify varies depending on the purchase and we have particularly high standards regarding sub contractors, who must provide evidence of various procedures before being approved.
We passionately support ethical trading and work in line with the following statements:
- All employment is freely chosen.
- Staff are free to leave Global Chemical Technologies Ltd after reasonable notice.
- Child labour is not used.
- Wages are fair.
- Working hours are not excessive.
- No discrimination is practised.
- No harsh, cruel or degrading treatment or practises are allowed.
- All workers involved in the production and supply of B & V products and services are treated with full consideration to their basic human rights.
- Products manufactured by B & V are produced under working conditions that are hygienic and safe.
- Physical abuse or discipline, e.g. the threat of physical abuse, sexual or other harassment and verbal abuse or other forms of intimidation are prohibited.
We sponsor Kettering Rugby Football Club juniors to provide a positive influence through rugby.
We also support Daventry Contact, a local charity helping individuals in need of household goods. Our Executive Chairman Dr Barrett is a Chairman of the charity and B & V support this wherever possible.
The local swimming team, Daventry Dolphins, also receive support from us in the form of printing and meeting facilities.
We support various charities on a regular basis. At present these are:
- NC TLC Trust
- Northampton SANDS (supported by employee donations)
- Myton Hospice (supported by employee donations)
- Motor Neurone Disease Association (supported by employee donations)
We also offer at-cost water treatment services to Acorns Children’s Hospice.
The three charities supported by employee donations change, as these charities are chosen by an annual employee vote. If there are a number of suggestions all of the charities are chosen where practical but any decisions made regarding the support of these charities are discussed with employees before, during and after.