Water Treatment Technician in Milton Keynes
A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Water Treatment Technician based in Milton Keynes with immediate start, good rates of pay, van, pension and 25 days holiday.
The primary purpose of this role is to support the business mostly within this geographical area. You will work in a designated area for B & V Water Treatment customers and provide all aspects of Technician duties.
Attributes of a Technician
The successful Technician will have a clear understanding of L8. Technicians need a good understanding of basic monitoring tasks associated with L8. They will be computer literate and self motivated. They will be trustworthy, reliable with good organisational & planning skills. It is essential that they have a flexible approach to their work and confidential with customer and company information.
Key tasks and responsibilities:-
The following tasks are to be carried out at customers sites manned or un-manned:
- Temperature monitoring from domestic water treatment outlets
- Temperature monitoring from water calorifiers
- Temperature monitoring from cold storage water tanks
- Legionella sampling from cold storage water tanks
- Legionella sampling from domestic water outlets
- Flushing of rarely used outlets including emergency showers
- Descale & disinfect showers
- Descale & disinfect water outlets
- Blowdown of calorifiers
- Carry out tank inspections to required standard
- Closed system testing analysis
- Boiler checks
- Potable samples
- Safe delivery of samples for analysis within required time limits
- Testing of cooling towers
- Weekly checks of cooling towers including drift eliminator checks, conductivity, PH etc.
- Maintaining customer records
- Returning service sheets & Call slips which need to be returned to the office within 7 working days.
- Filling in timesheet & productivity systems on a weekly basis
- Following all company procedures. Eg (vehicle, holiday, IT, etc)
- Take resamples when required
- Respond to calls & e-mails in a timely manner
Measurable accountabilities through demonstration of:-
- Up to date understanding of Approved Code of Practice L8 & Water Supply Regulations
- Accurate recommendations and advice to the customers in line with L8 Legislation
- Computer Literacy use of excel, word and e-mail
- Effective communication, both within the company and with customers they are dealing with.
- Time management and organisation & efficient planning skills
- Customer feedback and representing B & V Water Treatment in a professional manner.
- Filling in and returning all paperwork
This job description represents an outline of the duties and responsibilities expected of a Technician.
The role may be extended to include more specific duties as agreed with your line manager as part of your development plan and to achieve overall company objectives.
Please be aware the company can change the job description in line with business needs and market trends.
To apply for this role please fill in the form below