ProQual Level 2 Award in Control of Water-borne Infections Within Healthcare (QCF)
This course is aimed at those staff involved in the management and operation of building water systems within hospitals and healthcare environments. This includes operators, technicians as well as staff responsible for Infection Control.
What does the training cover?
This course will provide delegates with essential knowledge about the microbiology and health effects of two significant water-borne bacteria; Legionella and Pseudomonas aeruginosa. An understanding of these bacteria and how they can affect susceptible individuals is essential for successfully controlling the risks of water-borne infections within water systems.
Delegates who attend this course will leave with an understanding of how to apply relevant legislation within their day to day duties, with a particular focus on the Health and Safety Executive’s Approved Code of Practice (L8) and HTM04-01 and Addendum; The Control of Legionella in Healthcare premises, as issued by the Department of Health.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe the typical symptoms of Legionnaires’ Disease and infections caused by Pseudomonas aeruginosa and the types of people who are most susceptible.
- Discuss methods of transmission and infection of Legionnaires’ Disease and infections caused by Pseudomonas bacteria.
- Explain the key requirements of legislation, codes of practice and guidance relating to the management of Legionella and Pseudomonas.
- Identify key roles and responsibilities associated with the management of water-borne bacteria.
- Describe a risk assessment process and the importance of monitoring and control.
- Identify and apply measures for controlling risks within augmented healthcare environments.
How long does the course take?
This course is delivered in one day.
How is the course assessed?
Assessment is through a written, knowledge based test.
How much does the course cost?
Prices will vary depending on whether the course is to take place at a customer’s site and the number of delegates attending. It is therefore best to contact the B & V Training Academy directly for further information.
Where is the course held?
Courses are held on a monthly basis at the B & V Training Academy in Daventry. The dates of the next courses are available by clicking on the Course Dates and Bookings icon below.
Alternatively contact us today for a personal quotation for an on-site course.
How do I book a course?
Booking a course or simply logging an enquiry with the B & V Training Academy is simple. Please submit an enquiry using the following enquiry form and a member of the Training Academy support team will contact you within two working days to discuss your needs further.