IOSH Working Safely
Under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974, all employees not only have a responsibility for their own health and safety but also for those individuals who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
This nationally recognised one day course provides delegates a basic understanding of how to work safely and the importance of health and safety within the workplace.
What does the training cover?
This course is suitable for any individual working in any industry. It meets the government’s guidelines for introductory health and safety training.
By the end of the course successful delegates will be able to:-
- Identify the hazards and evaluate the risks in the workplace
- Use appropriate workplace precautions for specific risks or seek advice on workplace precautions
- Assist managers in preparing written risk assessments
- Follow your organisation’s written health and safety policy
- Co-operate and communicate on health and safety matters
- Carry out work activities without risk to themselves or others
- Report relevant accidents and incidents, monitor your own activities and assist managers in active monitoring.
How long does the course take?
The course is delivered in one day.
How is the course assessed?
Assessment is by a short 10 question multiple choice and hazard spotting assessment.
How much does the course cost?
Prices will vary depending on whether the course is to take place at a customer’s site and the number of delegates attending. It is therefore best to contact the B & V Training Academy directly for further information.
How do I book a course?
Booking a course or simply logging an enquiry with the B & V Training Academy is simple. Please submit an enquiry using the following enquiry form and a member of the Training Academy support team will contact you within two working days to discuss your needs further.