STA Level 2 Award in Swimming Pool Water Treatment (QCF)
This course is aimed at those staff involved in the management and treatment of swimming pools, spa pools and hydrotherapy pools.
This course is suitable for operators of spa pools, jacuzzis, swimming pools and hydrotherapy pools.
This is a nationally recognised, Ofqual accredited qualification, which is awarded through an external Awarding Body, the STA.
What does the course cover?
This course will provide delegates with essential knowledge about the basic principles of the treatment of pool water. It provides delegates with the knowledge and skills to competently test water and maintain safe bathing conditions.
By the end of the course delegates will:-
- Understand the basic principles of pool water filtration and backwashing
- Understand the key features of a swimming pool circulation system
- Understand the potential dangers and hazards associated with suction entrapment and entanglement
- Understand the role and purpose of disinfectants in swimming pools
- Understand the pH scale, its function and related water terminology
- Understand the basic principles of water testing, recording and interpretation leading to corrective action
- Understand the sources of pollution and control measure
- Understand the importance of COSHH
Course duration and accreditation
This is a one day course, which can be delivered on-site or at our B & V Training Academy in Daventry. Successful delegates will achieve a formal Level 2 qualification, which is accredited by the Qualification Regulators in England and Wales, Ofqual.
Please note that this qualification requires revalidation every 5 years to update knowledge and demonstrate understanding.
How much does the course cost?
Prices will vary depending on whether the course is to take place at a customer’s site and the number of delegates attending. It is best to contact the B & V Training Academy for further information based on your specific requirements.
How do I book a course or enquire about availability?
Booking a course or simply logging an enquiry with the B & V Training Academy is simple. Please submit an enquiry using the enquiry form and a member of the Training Academy will contact you within two working days to discuss your needs further.